Some of the most costly batteries to replace are mobile phone and laptop computer batteries– likewise called Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) batteries.
A great deal of people do not understand that bad care and bad charging practices dramatically reduce the battery life of their lithium-ion batteries.
And the most crucial time in Lithium-ion battery care is throughout early use or when you initially get the battery, phone, or laptop.
So to assist you extend and maximize the lifespan of your laptop computer, cellular phone, or other electronic that utilizes a li-ion batteries (like an electrical razor) …
I’ll teach you what causes a lithium-ion battery to age too soon … PLUS, suggestions, tricks, and essential upkeep details you need to understand to get the most out of your Li-ion batteries.
So … How Does A Lithium-Ion Battery Work?
Lithium-ion batteries work based on ion movement in between negative and favorable electrodes.
Theoretically, lithium-ion batteries ought to work forever. Nevertheless, heats and cycling reduces their life expectancy gradually.
How To Extend The Life of Lithium-Ion Batteries
Follow these suggestions to lengthen the life of your lithium-ion batteries:
- For brand new batteries, it is necessary to charge them completely prior to you use the cellular phone, laptop computer, or other electronic. This “teaches” the battery the extent of the charge.
- To prolong the life of a lithium-ion battery that sees a lot of usage, like a laptop computer or cellular phone, it’s better to charge it frequently for short amount of times (one to 2 hours) instead of charging it from a near dead state each time.
- While brief charges are best, it is very important to let the battery drain entirely and then fully charge around as soon as a month. This help preserve good battery health.
- It’s really detrimental to a lithium-ion battery if you use the gadget while it’s charging. This makes the battery overheat, which reduces a li-ion battery’s life-span.
- If possible, utilize a charger with a lower voltage score. While this will charge more slowly, it will charge at a lower temperature level, maintaining the battery.
- Never ever leave the battery in sunny or hot locations. This heat can damage the battery life.
- Lastly, if you aren’t going to utilize the battery for a while or you’re keeping it, make sure the battery is over 40% charged before you put it away.
When lithium-ion batteries are stored out of charge for long periods of time, this can result in an inability to keep a charge once the battery is in use again.
If you follow these suggestions (specifically if you use them from when you first get your brand-new battery, phone, laptop, or other electronic utilizing a lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery) you will optimize the battery’s life expectancy and avoid early aging in the battery.
What Can You Do If A Battery Does Pass away Or It’s Performance is Suffering? …
If a battery is aging or dies early on you, you can bring those old batteries back to 100% of their working condition utilizing the EZ Battery Reconditioning program.
In this program, you’ll find out how to bring old cellular phone, laptop computer, car, deep-cycle, golf-cart, marine, and forklift batteries back to life again (plus numerous other types of batteries too)!
The battery reconditioning techniques are easy to do and they will conserve you a lot of money on battery expenses over your life time.
You can find out more by clicking and reading our EZ Battery Reconditioning Review.